These muffins are super moist and great for breakfast on the go! They didn’t last long in my household, but we were happy to have them for a few hours. 🙂
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin pan. I used some melted coconut oil and a napkin to grease where each muffin would be.
- Mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. The more ripe the bananas the easier to mash. Make sure not to leave any large chunks.
- Add sugar and oil to the bananas. Mix well.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. WE ARE NOT STIRRING!
- After the mixture comes together, fold in walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan, a little over halfway for each muffin as they will rise.
- Bake for 45 minutes. If the bread is still moist, bake at 5 minute intervals testing for doneness.
- Let cool, then pop them out of the pan!